Sunday 1 June 2014

Penny-ness:

After a lot of begging from my friends I finally watched Happy Endings; ABC's comedy about a couple who break up at the altar, and follows the fallout that affects their group of friends. 
They deal with finding love, a good job, and the perfect pop-culture gag. The show has an excellent cast and lot of zany physical comedy. It a shame that it got cancelled after only three Seasons, but the jokes are still a large of my friend groups' every day conversations. ("Shut your whore mouth.") 


Before watching, a lot of my friends my friends said that the character of Penny Hartz reminds them of me. After watching I can see what they are getting at. I’m the Penny of our group of friends and I’m not complaining.



Penny, played by Casey Wilson, is the social glue of these friends. Always quick to offer advice to either Alex or Dave about the ups and downs of dating; despite the fact she has very little luck with her love life. Her relationships are normally very short. Penny and Max have been best friends since college and provide each other a shoulder to lean on. Penny and Max dated before he came out as gay. Penny speaks Italian when drunk. She hits her head often and is very clumsy.

Sounds familiar, right?


 Yeah, Penny Hartz is my spirit animal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment