Tuesday 19 August 2014

Re-thinking my writing:

I written numerous posts about why I write and desperately I want to become a writer, but I guess the reason I haven’t blogged in a while (other than being busy and lazy) is because I have lost a some faith in my writing ability. It still feels as if I still haven’t found my “voice” yet.

I read some of my fellow writers and friend’s blogs and I’ve blown away by the talents and the beauty in their words. All that I seem to produce are cliques and tired, grammatically-incorrect phrases. This year I also don’t have anyone to push me to write and the only writing that I seem to do involves academic summaries. Let’s be honest, anyone has hustle 500 summaries if they truly tried. I miss being forced to creative. I miss chasing that muse when she refuses to say hello.  

Hopefully by writing this post I will be encouraging myself to continue writing and to continue producing work that I am proud of. I’m going to try and write about things that are closer to home. Things that I can emotionally respond to.


Here’s to a fresh perspective. 


No comments:

Post a Comment