Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

So, as I assume most of you know, Prince William and Kate Middleton got married today! The Royal Wedding has spread the wedding vibe around the globe and for the last few weeks there has been such a build up to this wedding that even people half-way across the globe has been getting hyped up about it.
Unfortunately due to all the power cuts in Grahamestown and around Rhodes many of us missed many bits of the wedding, but it was quite funny to watch all the girls in my dining hall throw down their plates and run to the small T.V room when the power came back on. Imagine almost 11 girls squeezed into one tiny room all watching intently…and then the power went out again…Thank goodness for Youtube!!
Many people I’ve talked to claim that they are sick and tired of hearing about this wedding since this event has been wildly over published, but I’m such as romantic that I don’t even care. Almost every girl has dreams about having the prefect wedding and about one day marrying a prince. *SQUEE*


One thing that many fashion die-hards had been waiting for is the revelation of Kate’s wedding dress. Kate’s dress turned out to be an ivory Alexander McQueen wedding gown designed by Sarah Burton and she looked amazingly beautiful! The lace in the dress gave her such an elegant and classical look; just like a modern day princess. 
The new Princess Catherine may have looked fabulous as she walked down the aisle, but walking little behind her carrying her train was a surprise beauty in the form Kate’s sister Pippa, who looked so stunning.  She and Prince Harry should get together. She is would be a step up from his current on-and-off again girlfriend Chelsy Davy. (Who, because she is Zimbabwean, manages to give all us Southern African girls hope that one day we might catch a Prince too.)
Check out that smile!
Speaking of Prince Harry, as usual, looked very dashing in a Blues and Royals officer's uniform. Then again there isn’t a time when Harry doesn’t look absolutely handsome. With young royals being in news lately I suggest you go look up the 20 top young royals. Prince Phillipos of Greece is also quite dashing. I wonder which royals were at the wedding… (PS I totally saw David Tennant in the crowd.)
I know that Kate’s life of being in the public eye isn’t going to be easy,(I mean look at the way in which Diana was stalked and harassed by the paparazzi), but I hope for her sake that the Royal family treats her right and that her life with William is very special. I would hate living a life in which every action of my life had to be so stiff and formal, even if I got to be a Princess. I went back and watched Charles and Dianna's kiss of the balcony and I felt so sad for poor Diana, who looked like she didn't want to be there at all... Kate and William are atleast in love!

Many people may be disgusted by the fact that so many of us are so interested in the Royal Wedding, but I think it is beautiful. With all the negative things currently in the news it’s nice just that watch something positive and sweet.
Have a good day, lovelies! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment