Monday 3 October 2011

Actor of the week: Jon Cryer

I decided that because I have such an obsession with actors and actresses that I will be doing a kind of an Actor/ Actress of the week analysis every week just to inform you about the actor/ actress who I admire. Naturally I’m quite busy with you know having a life and, you know, getting a degree and such so I might have to miss a week or two, but I will try to get one out every Sunday ro Monday morning.
This week’s Actor of the week is the talented Jon Cryer. Lately to catch up with Charlie Sheen’s departure I have been watching a lot of episodes of Two And a half Men and even though Charlie is supposedly the main character in the show I find myself laughing more at Alan’s weird and wonderful antics. Jon Cryer seems to fully embody Alan’s pathetic and quirky attitude.
Jonathan Niven "Jon" Cryer (born April 16, 1965) is an American actor, screenwriter and film producer. He made his motion picture debut in the 1984 romantic comedy No Small Affair, but gained greater fame as "Duckie" in the 1986 John Hughes-scripted film Pretty in Pink. In 1998, he finished writing and producing the independent film Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God... Be Back by Five.
Jon Cryer is best known for his role as Ducky in the 80’s classic John Hughes movies “Pretty in Pink” even then his potential of phenomenal comedy was evident. In “Pretty in Pink” Cryer does a scene in which Ducky impersonates Otis Redding by singing his famous song  “Try A Little Tenderness.”
His performance in Two and a Half Men has earned him six consecutive Primetime Emmy nominations and one Emmy win in 2006! Well deserved!  The man has the ability to do accents unlike any other actor!
Let’s hope that when the ninth season of Two and a Half Men that Jon Cryer can hold up the comedy of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment