Tuesday 18 October 2011

Happy thoughts:

While re-reading my last few blog posts I realised that I have been seriously negative in many of them and I really think it’s time I brighten up. I’m young and healthy and I have the chance to live my life fully. While unpacking after the holiday I found a note that a friend wrote to me quite a while ago and it made me smile. That small note made me realize that the small things in life are the things that matter the most.
So I’m making you a list of small things that have made me happy in the last month:
·         A message from an old friend
·         Peanut butter in the dining hall
·         A Harry Potter reference/joke
·         Libido shots
·         A song about hugging cats
·         Youtube
·         That feeling of when a crush says hello
·         Reading a book for pleasure.
·         Putting a flower in my hair
·         Dancing in my room
·         The smell of fresh laundry
·         A phone call from a family member, particularly a sibling!
·         Praying for someone who truly needs a prayer
·         Laying in the sun with my friends for hours

Flowers in the Bot-Gardens

So instead of focusing on the negative side of things I just look at these things and the darker times seem to fade away. This might seem like an idealistic notion, but it’s all we got to get us through the tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment