Monday 28 October 2013

Romantic Movie/ TV Moments

I can honestly admit that I am a hopeless romantic and I can freely admit that a romantic song or a romantic moment in a movie can at times draw a tear or two from me. Now, I’m not embarrassed by this, because honestly it’s just a part of who I am and everyone who knows me accepts that I will always have a romantic side. (Some people out there should be taking notes at this point.)

So here is my list of top romantic moments in movies and TV series:

1)     I can’t even think about compiling this list without adding “The Notebook.” Any girl can testify that Noah and Allie’s romantic reunion in the rain is THE most romantic thing in film history, but their dance in the middle of the street at midnight on their first date is my favourite moment.  



2)     Patrick Verona (A.K.A Heath Ledger)’s performance of “Can’t Keep my Eyes Off Of You” in front of the whole school to show Kat that he isn’t the bad boy everyone claims he is in “10 things I hate about you.” A gesture like that could melt even the coldest of bitter hearts.



3)     It was hard to pick one in “Crazy Stupid Love” so I’ll just include all romantic scenes between Hannah and Jacob. Running into the club, dripping wet, and slightly drunk Hannah confidently and dramatically kisses Jacob and asks him to take her home. Once there her nerves kick in a she awkwardly asks when they are going to “Bang” and to calm her nerves he pulls the “Dirty Dancing” move on her.


4)     Despite the fact that it is an animated movie “Tangled” contains a few romantic moment gems. Rapunzel’s was to see the light from close up on her birthday so she escapes with the outlaw Flynn Rider and the two slowly fall in love.  Singing “I can see the light” sums up their love.



5)     The first 5 minutes of “UP”:  In 5 minutes an amazing and epic love story between an couple from beginning to end is described. Tears every time.



6)     A) “The Vampire Diaries” is filled with numerous romantic moments and it was extremely hard to pick one, so I picked two. After a terrifying night of searching for Stefan in the wood once he had turned rogue, Damon heads to Elena’s home to return her Vervain necklace, but before he is able to, he tells her he loves her, just because he has to and then makes her forget.


B) In Season 4 we are FINNALLY given the chance to see Damon and Elena kiss!! She is conflicted about it yet seems to enjoy it anyway with Florence and the Machine’s “Never Let Me Go” playing the background.




7)     In “Just like Heaven” Reece Witherspoon plays Elizabeth a workaholic doctor, who is in a terrible accident and is then transformed into ghost. The only person who can see her is the man she was meant to meet for a date the night of the accident. Long story short they fall in love, but when she wakes up she doesn’t remember him. He creates a roof-top garden for her and when she sees it she remembers her love for him. 


9)  "Sweet Home Alabama" stands out as one of my favourite romantics movies. In fact it defines romance for me. It's about understanding when it's meant to be; it's meant to be. This scene is so cheesy and dramatic. I eat this stuff up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment