Monday 20 June 2011

Celebrity: Is it a celebration?

I really don’t understand why some people who act as if celebrities have personally offended them. Seriously making claims on the internet that you think Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus should die is not a joke. Just because you don’t like someone’s music or acting style does not mean that that they deserve to be beaten up or be killed.  I don’t think the death of any person is funny no matter how much I dislike them.
Celebrity Worship Syndrome is becoming a serious problem and there are so many stalkers out there that it’s kind of insane. Look at that guy who loved John Lennon so much that he had to kill him!  It’s just crazy! People should be realistic about celebrities. They are not gods who deserve to be worshipped. I know I sound hypocritical since I talk about celebrities all the time, but I see appreciate celebrities for the contribution to the entertainment world and I would honestly not scream or faint if I saw one of my favourite actors or musicians. I would freak out a little and maybe get nervous to talk to them, but I would still respect them and their privacy.
Some people struggle to distance themselves from these celebrities, because they struggle to realize that those people aren’t the same as their public personas. They are human too. Actors are only playing a part; they aren’t the characters they play.  People need to realize this…Pisses me off… it makes me feel weird about having a normal love for celebrities…

John Green, as ussual, said it the best:

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! totally loved it!! do follow me at http://sehrishanwer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete