Wednesday 27 November 2013

Day at the beach:

On Heritage Day this year my friends and I piled into our cars and made our way to the beach. My sister and my friend, William, came down for the week and we decided to leave all our responsibilities in Grahamstown for the day so that could have an adventure.

Considering that a few of our gang were a little hung over I’m surprised that we managed to get everyone going at 9:00. Our first stop was a large breakfast at the Pig and Whistle in Bathurst; which is the oldest pub in the area.

Next we headed down to the Kenton beach and spent a few hours basking in the sun. Jeremiah’s Pub is just up the street from the beach where we parked so we grabbed a few drinks and headed down to the lagoon; where we watched the sunset and enjoyed each other’s company. I think that a day at the beach was just what we needed. And I feel very lucky to have gotten to spend so much extra time relaxing with my friends at the beach.

(Inspired by our beach trip my friend Claudi made a 8track playlist that perfectly reflected the mood of the day.)

My sister, Anine and my friend Chels

Me and Claudi

No comments:

Post a Comment