Tuesday 26 November 2013

Orion:

A few nights ago I was getting ready for bed, when the power in res cut; a common occurrence. For a second the dark engulfed me and suddenly the stars could be seen much clearer. Framed through my window I could see Orion perfectly. Orion is my favourite constellation; mainly because it is the easiest one to spot. When in doubt look for the the three stars that make up Orion's belt. 

Suddenly it made me feel very small. But it also reminded me just how beautiful our world truly is.

"Orion had fully risen and stood at the eastern horizon, and from that Inman made the time to be past midnight. The great figure of hunter and warrior stood up there like an accusation, like a sign in the sky pointing out your shortfalls. Orion was girded about tight, his weapon ready to strike. Sure of himself as a man can be, if posture is any indication of character." ~ Charles Frazier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment