Tuesday 17 May 2011

The Boone curse (Spoiler warning!)


 Ok, so before I start I have to confess that I don’t remember much about Lost, since I watched the first season years ago and I tried to keep up but I just couldn’t anymore. Lost fans will know why…They started killing off all my favourite characters! Yes, it started with Ian Somerhalder’s character Boone who was killed off too early!  (As a side note I realize I should probably stop talking about Ian Somerhalder so much before I get a restraining order!)

That was the first time in that sense I was cursed. My favourite characters would always seem to be killed off or removed from TV shows somehow and it pisses me off sooooo much! First Boone then Charlie then they took Ethan of 90210 from me! Seriously it wasn’t even a nice departure…He just left! I love Dustin Milligan (whose performance in the Ghostfacers episode of Supernatural is legendary) and he should be kept so much longer. Sure, the actors may have moved on, but how the fans? The story can never truly end the way it should. There is no closure.
That brings me to my next complaint. As much as I love mainstream TV shows like Grey’s Anatomy, etc I have always been someone who enjoys alterantive or weird tv shows that no one knows about and, because no one knows about them =the don’t get popular=thus they don’t ratings and get cancelled!  I HATE it So many of my favourite shows have been cancelled. Better off Ted, Mad Love, REAPER and don’t even get me started about Firefly. Heroes was cancelled after four beautiful seasons and the cancellation forced them to end of the series in the WORST possible way ever! (More on that later.)


That’s why I can it the Boone curse, because as soon as I start to like something they end it…But hey that’s life for you…just as you start to enjoy it, it’s over…
So don’t waste time and grab life by the horns, or whatever bull shit I’m supposed to say…
(PS I’m going to go re-watch Lost just to figure out what was up with that hatch)

2 comments:

  1. So true, Elri, so true. *sigh* Did you ever see a series called "Moonlight"? Cancelled after 16 shows, like 'Firefly'. SOoooo disappointing. Well at least it looks like Vamp Diaries will go on for a while! Need my weekly Ian Sommerhalder 'fix'!

    (Dang, trying to post with my onedotshort livejournal address but it won't let me! Insists I use my google address which automatically id's me as Helen O'Grady Drama Academy. Grrrr. I don't want that - this is not work, this is private! Why won't it let me off the hook? :) Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a few episodes of "Moonlight", but then couldn't find it again. Sooo glad! I really love the Vampire Diaries! Ian Somerhalder helps to get me through the week...

    That's strange, it should automatically comment as your private address. Ah well it just reminds me to go check out the Helen O grady page.

    ReplyDelete