Thursday 26 May 2011

Drama, Drama, Drama!

I absolutely love the fact that I’m studying Drama! I was so nervous about starting it here at Rhodes, because it’s quite famous for its Drama Department. The vibe in Drama is quite awesome! You walk into your Drama lecture and soooo many people greet you! In feels like a safe space and the people in my tuts. feel like part of my family. I’m so proud of every member of this family and I especially love my tutors, whose support got us through it all…
The Drama lectures are strange, eccentric, and very easy to impersonate! Too many wasted hours have been spent doing impressions of some of our more entertaining lecturers.   
So the tonight we had our first term theatre making exams and it was amazing! Firstly all the groups blew me away and they also made me really nervous! I at least had the greatest group to work with! LOVE them all! <3 <3
When my group went on stage I thought I would pass out, but I threw my heart into our piece and we kicked ass! Sure, it may have been exhausting and I may still be bruised, but it was so worth it! Tonight I picked my major…
I don’t know what I plan to do with the rest of my life or what I would end up doing with my life, but for now life is fun and I can sleep easy. I miss my family, I miss my Bloem friends, I miss my dog, I miss my home and own bed, but tonight made me realise that picking Rhodes was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
(PS - “I was expecting SIMBA to come out.”)
(PSS- I want to thanks all my previous Drama teachers and Drama friends who have helped me get to this point!)
That's GREAT, if that’s what you going for! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment