Saturday 28 May 2011

We are who we are!

We have all seen those movies or TV shows where in girls and young women pretend to be interested something they really aren’t into just so that they can impress some guy. The best example of this would be Naomi in Season 3 of 90210 who pretended to be interested in surfing to impress a hot surfer and in the end almost drowned, since she had never surfed before.
In totally understand that you should be open to learning about new things and to going out of your comfort zones once and a while, but seriously if you already know that you aren’t into something then you shouldn’t have to pretend to interested in it when you aren’t!  A few years back I pretended to be interested in cricket just to impress a guy who was into really into cricket and truth be told I know barely anything about cricket. I can tell you now I feel like a fool….Now I know that I don’t have to pretend anymore!
You are into the things you are into and you should be proud of that! You are an individual so act like it! So like the Kesha song I’m going to embrace the fact that I am who I am and that I won’t change for anyone. I have faith that one day there will be some who loves me for all that I am and all that I love…

No comments:

Post a Comment