Saturday 21 May 2011

Jar of Hearts

To tie in with my earlier blog post about love I want to talk about Christina Perri’s song “Jar of Hearts.” This song became famous when Kathryn McCormick and Billy Bell preformed a dance routine, choreographed by Stacey Tookey., on it on the show “So you think you can Dance” during the June 30, 2010 show. Since then the song has become insanely popular and it has quickly become my go to song when I need a good cry. (Hey, we all have those days…)
(The So you think you can Dance video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToDZ9Q2hIBk)
 
The song is all about a guy who messes around with the hearts of numerous girls and he stores them up in his “jar of hearts.” Perri drew inspiration for the song from a real-life experience with a love interest who wanted to rekindle a broken relationship, but she was strong enough to tell him that she doesn’t need him anymore to be happy. I love this song soooo much!
"I wrote the song after I went home to Philadelphia for the holiday last December. I sat in my childhood bedroom and hid from the boy (with the jar of hearts) who wanted to see me. My heart wanted to see him, my head knew better. I couldn’t take one more break so I wrote the song instead."


In the video, Perri states "I really hope that the video connects me to the song and entertains all of the fans of So You Think You Can Dance because it’s because of them that this even happened. I really hope that they love it. I hope that they love the dance…and that they just feel like we did this song justice with this video."
 The music video for the song was directed by Jay Martin and “So You Think You Can Dancecontestants Allison Holker and Kathryn McCormick appear as dancers in the music video, performing choreography by Stacey Tookey.
(PS- Disclaimer- the song, music video and pictures don’t belong to me at all. )

No comments:

Post a Comment