Wednesday 11 May 2011

Confident in your sexuality

Cougar town fans will know that Grayson once infamously sang a song that he wrote called confident in my sexuality. And I thought it a brilliant! While being at ‘varsity for the first the question of sexuality has come up for.

I’m straight and I’m confident in the fact that I am straight and into men, but I have somehow managed to make friends here with a few people who are in the gay and lesbian scene. It still boggles my mind how so many people can be so closed minded about the issue. Many straight people seem scared that gay people would hit on them or flirt with them and I don’t get this fear, because it’s logical to think that as a straight person they aren’t attracted to everyone they see then why would a homosexual person be attracted all people. Honestly not every moment in life has to do with sex.  Why does my gay friend have to hide who he is? Why does my lesbian friend have to be scared to talk about her girlfriends when we are all gossiping about our boyfriends (In my case I use the term boyfriend lightly.) Why can’t people open their eyes and see the truth…

A lesbian friend of mine recently came out to her father. You should have seen the joy on her face as she ran down the hallway to tell that her dad had said: “I love you anyway.” I know it’s not that easy for many other homosexual people. I know it’s hard and I see friends suffer, but I hope that I can pass on the message of acceptance to all. People use the excuse often that in the Bible it says that homosexuality is wrong, but it also, and more importantly, it says that God love EVERYONE and that you shouldn’t judge others.

It doesn’t matter who you love…It matters that you love…

Confident in my Sexuality video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcsfHPMtTVU

No comments:

Post a Comment